Ayr-Paris Band

Bonjour!

We are still in France and have found our way, via a rather lengthy bus ride, to Nancy. Actually, it was another wine tour that helped make for a longer day. We stopped in Beaune for the wine and while we were there, I took a detour to the town centre. It's Saturday and the market was well underway. While checking out the fresh produce, I heard an English-speaking voice. I turned to the woman beside me and asked where she was from and she said Las Vegas! Their family was here on vacation. So...guess who had to get his photo with his new friends?




How Many Roads...?

To help pass the time on the bus, Steve pulled out his guitar and we sang for two hours. We sang all sorts of songs - classics, oldies, folk, pop, etc. Music, always music....we can't help ourselves.


What Mess is This?


As you can see above, Dudley got himself into a bit of a mess. Irene tried very hard to teach him how to knit and all he could do was tangle himself up and call out for help!



Cobblestones, Anyone?

I think we've had just about enough of cobblestones! And there's more to come, I'm sure. They add to the charm of an old medieval town or village, but they do nothing for your balance. Speaking of cobblestones, the rather large stones in this pic are MAJOR! This is part of the actual Roman road that remains in Lyon! There are ruins on the hillside that were unearthed in the 1960's (if I paid enough attention to the tour guide to remember, that is).




I'll leave you with Dudley at breakfast in Bern. Hard-boiled eggs come from Switzerland, don't you know?



Au revoir!







1 comment:

  1. Hey...I've just figured out how to post a comment :-)
    I look forward every day to updates on the blog and when thre aren't any I'm sad :-(
    BUT...when there are, I'm very happy to see the 'life and times of Dudley'. I think you need to take more pics of the whole crew and post them. I would have loved to see the group singing to Steve's guitar picking! And I'm sure there have been a few more pub crawls....where are the pics of those??? Well I'm hoping my comment triggers some!!!! TTFN and keep them comming.....N13138232 (Jan)

    ReplyDelete