Ayr-Paris Band

Trip Anticipation

Greetings!

I am eagerly awaiting our trip. One week from now we will be in the air, on our way to Munich via Reykjavik. We will visit Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France. A few of us will also spend a couple of days in Reykjavik, Iceland, while others will move onto destinations such as England and Ireland.

For those who were on the last band trip "Czech it Out!", you may remember that I brought Bob with me. Bob is a little plastic dollar-store camel (don't tell him that!) and he showed up in all my pictures. He met many "new best friends" from many countries - people who did not speak English still enjoyed posing for a picture with this fun-loving tiny tourist!

This time around, I'm bringing Dudley. He is a small  plush moose wearing an RCMP uniform. He's quite dashing and will make an excellent Canadian ambassador! Now, before you pass judgment on my sanity (re: personifying inanimate objects), I'll let you in on a secret. Because Bob was on the last trip and in all my photos, I actually remembered ALL the castles and places of interest. You see, in order to get complete strangers (and we met many) willing to pose with Bob, I showed them pictures I'd taken so far. They were quite pleased to be immortalized in such a way.

I made a slide show, with Bob's comments throughout. I even showed it to my classes over these couple of years. Very family-friendly! Now, I must admit there was a bit of editing to make it so, but overall it was a fine commentary, titled Bob Overwhelms Bohemia!

We'll see what adventures come Dudley's way!

I cannot guarantee the quality or frequency of my blogs, but I shall endeavour to keep you up to speed on my experiences, with a dash of Dudley in there, too.

Bon voyage, Gute Reise, and all that jazz.
Barb




No comments:

Post a Comment