Ayr-Paris Band

This is it! Finally, I will finish my blog and you can put our trip to Europe on the backburner of your web viewing!

I'm going to share a few of my pictures of Iceland. I wrote about it in previous blogs and want to share some images.

This is the famous Blue Lagoon. The waters are very warm (but the air was not that day!) and is very popular for it's soothing, relaxing, effects. 



At this time of year in Iceland, the days are very long. The pictures show 9:30pm and 11:00pm. 




This is a photo of the famous puffins that are found in Iceland. We went on a boat tour and got fairly close to them. My little camera doesn't do them justice, though.


 The following pics are from our Golden Circle tour. I recommend that you Google that so you see the area that was covered in this 8 hour trip.

This is the American Rift. The other side is the Eurasian Rift. They are along the major fault line in Iceland. They are separating at a rate of 1cm per year. Iceland averages 2 earthquakes per week! Many are small enough that you don't feel them.


 This is a photo of one of the many areas around Iceland that have steam rising from the earth. It's really neat to see!



Ah...the geyers! This was really interesting to see. All the tourists were ready with their cameras to catch when the big geyser would blow. It did so every 4-5 minutes and I managed to get a few good shots.



I'm sorry to say that I don't remember the name of this waterfall, but it is the largest in Iceland. Very impressive. I chose not to go down further for a better photo - is was very misty/wet (like Niagara Falls) and very chilly that day.



My motto in life is, "You can't get what you don't ask for." We were sitting on a bench in the pedestrian shopping area of Reykjavik, enjoying our gelato. I happened to say out loud, "Wouldn't it be nice if someone took our picture?" Well, a guy on his bicycle heard me, stopped and got off, and took this picture for us! (l-r: Wendy, Heather, me, Dawna)



That wraps up the Iceland portion of our trip. I'll write a bit more to finish everything off, in one more blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment